Recommended Home Mortgage
Ready to buy your first home or refinance your home mortgage? Dat and Aaron are excited to partner with these recommended and trusted mortgage lenders!
For years physicians and dentists have had access to “physician home loans” or “doctor mortgages”, which allowed qualifying doctors to exclude student loan debts, purchase high value homes with less than twenty percent down, and require less than two years’ history for self-employed and independent contractors. But now, mortgage lenders can offer similar underwriting guidelines and underwriting flexibility for the typical optometrist and several other high income professional designations.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are paid sponsors of this website. These recommended resources are heavily vetted and researched by Dat and Aaron. We are extremely selective on who we want as sponsors because your trust in us is so vital for ODsonFinance to succeed. If you have feedback or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Doctor's Mortgage Loan & Refinance/ Purchase
We’re passionate about helping Optometrists succeed! You have unique situations that can often stump conventional mortgage lenders. Our specialized programs are designed to get you into the home of your dreams. We deliver solutions, transparency & quick responses to your questions.
Mortgage Programs for Optometrists
- 100% financing up to $1M
- 95% financing options up to $2M
- J1 visa financing now available
- Save thousands, no mortgage insurance!
- Qualify with deferred or IBR student loans
- Self-employed/1099 independent contractors can qualify with less than 2 years proven tax history
- Able to close up to 90 days prior to start of employment contract
Location Requirements: Eligible in all States
Contact: Josh Mettle at Josh.Mettle@neohomeloans.com for any questions
Tony Umholtz and his team at IBERIABANK Mortgage have helped many people achieve their goal of homeownership over the years. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer, refinancing or building your dream home, Tony has the expertise to help navigate you through this ever changing mortgage environment. In addition to traditional mortgage financing solutions, IBERIABANK Mortgage is pleased to offer specialty financing programs for clients with unique borrowing needs.
Having orchestrated over $1.1 billion in lending volume during his career, Tony has consistently been ranked as one of the top mortgage loan officers in the industry by the Scotsman's Guide, Mortgage Executive magazine and Mortgage Originator magazine.
Mortgage Program for Optometrists
- Up to 97% LTV available
- No PMI (mortgage insurance)
- Minimum credit score of 700
- Current maximum loan amount of $548,250
- Very strong interest rates available, for best credit if have seen as low as 2.75% for a 30 yr fixed this week (As of 2021)
Special 'Aggressive' Doctor loans available
- Only in select states, FL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, AL, AR, TX, LA, NY, NJ, CT
- 100% financing
- No PMI
- Loan amounts up to $2 million
- No reserve requirements
- Can close up to 90 days prior to your start date
- Very strong interest rates available
- 90% no PMI jumbo loan available to any client (do not have to have a specialty occupation)
- Construction/Renovation Loan
Location Requirements: Eligible in all States except for Alaska and Hawaii
Contact: Tony Umholtz at email@example.com
Home Mortage Broker (Purchase & Refinance)
Lee is an optometrist and mortgage broker and will provide any ODs on Finance referral the VIP experience. As an O.D. himself he appreciates the economic implications of student loan debt and running a business. We are a team of wholesale mortgage brokers with access to many different lenders for a variety of scenarios and offer extremely competitive rates. We do not charge typical fees like Origination Fees, Application Fees, Underwriting Fees, or Lock-In Fees. In other words, No Lender Fees! He understands the challenges associated with student loans and running a busy practice!
Optometrist Mortgage Program
- Low Margin Mortgage Broker, ability to shop for the best rate and lowest cost for each individual case.
- No Lender, Application, or Underwriting Fees!
- Conventional, Jumbo, VA, and FHA loans available.
- “No PMI” loans available.
- Loan amounts up to $2.5M.
- Fast closings (2-4 weeks).
- Location Requirements
- Commission Rebate from LemonBrew Partner Agent
- Data-Driven Local Real Estate Agent Matching Technology
- State Licensed & Certified
- Saves You Thousands of $$$
- Location Requirements
- RON - Remote Online Notary
- LemonBrew Pay - Free Electronic Money Transfer Platform
- Team of Experienced Professionals to Ensure Property is Protected
- Streamlined Workflows Saving Time & Money
- Location Requirements
Email: Lee Raykovicz at Lee@LemonBrew.com
Online Mortgage Purchase | Refinance
Your trusted online mortgage broker to compare multiple mortgage lenders in just 3 minutes without affecting your credit score. Generate a pre-approval letter instantly.
- Fewer documents for fast closing.
- Unbiased loan experts when you need them.
- Choose with confidence: Know you have a great rate by comparing top lenders in the US.
- Complete your mortgage online with bank integrations and automatic updates. Talk to a loan officer only if you want to.
- Hassle-free process: Upload documents in the comfort of your home or during your commute.
- Our loan officers have over 30 years of experience working with homebuyers and are ready to meet all of your needs.
- Closing will be a breeze because we’re integrated with banks and other services to collect documents.
- Your information is safe with us so you won’t get unwanted calls from lenders
- Actual rates from multiple lenders: In 3 minutes, get actual prequalified rates without impacting your credit score
- Smart technology: We streamline the questions you need to answer and automate the document upload process.
- End-to-end experience: Complete the entire origination process from rate comparison up to closing, all on Credible.
- We take the stress out of refinancing by automating the document collection process, keeping you updated on the status of your application every step of the way.
- More loan options across multiple lenders with fewer forms to fill out than most individual lenders.
- Get actual rates and transparency into fees without sharing your information with lenders until you see an option you want to proceed with.
- Need help? Our dedicated mortgage support team is not commissioned, so they're always on your side.
Four Major Benefits of Investing in Out of State Rentals
If you’re reading this article, you most likely live in a state that has a high cost of living and home prices are skyrocketing at a pace that makes little sense in investing for cash flow. You’ve wondered how you can also own rental properties and enjoy the sweet success of passive positive cash flow that isn’t possible where you’re at. We’ll talk more about the disadvantages in a follow up article, but for now, we will dive into four major benefits of investing in rental properties out of state.
10 Reasons For Optometrists to Invest in Apartment Syndications & 2 Reasons to Not Invest in Apartment Syndications
When we started New Sight Capital, we set out on a mission to share the unique opportunity of apartment investing with our fellow optometrists. The challenge: not many ODs have ever heard of apartment syndications. In short, an apartment syndication is the pooling of collective capital from investors in order to acquire an apartment complex that would normally be reserved to larger, institutional investors. Although syndications have been around for years, they’ve typically been an instrument of very wealthy or well-connected accredited investors. We are setting out to change that by bringing syndications directly to the optometric community.
6 Due Diligence Tasks to Perform when Purchasing Rental Properties
Investing in rental properties can have a lot of exciting moments; however, one thing that people will never claim to be enthralling is performing their due diligence…Due diligence essentially refers to ensuring that you know everything possible about a property before signing on the dotted line. In this article, I will discuss due diligence, breaking it into tasks prior to making an offer and those done after your offer is accepted.
7 Ways to Buy Your First Home with an Investor’s Mindset
In March 2021, my fiance and I made the largest purchase of our lives, we bought our first home in the Bay Area CA, specifically in the East Bay Area. No, this article isn’t about us celebrating the idea of having our “forever” house, but more about the vital decisions and mindset that we had to enforce to start building our RE Investing portfolio. Here are 7 strategies on how to buy your first home with an investor’s mindset.
How Much Profit Should Rental Properties Generate?
For real estate investors, the ultimate goal is obviously profit. However, one of the most common questions people have when considering investing in a rental property is: how much profit should expect? This article will help you to estimate your potential profit on a particular property investment. There are a number of variables that should be considered whenever estimating profit. It is also important to remember that every market is somewhat different. However, ultimately, there are a handful of core questions that can be asked to help estimate potential profit.
10 Tips for a Successful Insurance Claim after a Fire
A fire is something that no one ever wants to deal with, and is something that can turn your life upside down for a while. Having proper insurance and understanding the process behind dealing with a fire are key for being able to recover from a fire. Let’s take a look at the steps of the insurance claim process.
Before you continue reading, let’s create a folder on your computer, and title it “Documents for Insurance Claims”. You’ll need it to add important items in. Here are 10 Tips for a Successful Insurance Claim after a Fire.
My Rental Property Caught of Fire: A Four-Part Case Study
On September 10th, 2020, I received one of the most devastating phone calls a landlord can receive. It was followed by a much more distressing email with pictures of the event. My property management never calls me, so when I saw their phone number come across my caller ID, I had a gut feeling that something was wrong.
6 Things You Need to Know about the FHFA Adverse Market Refinance Fee
Historically low interest rates for home mortgages amid the COVID-19 pandemic has created an upsurge of applications for refinances. When refinancing your property, one of the most critical aspects is identifying how to get the most out of your financing options. Staying up to date on changes to regulations is critical. One upcoming change is the creation of a new Adverse Market Refinance Fee, which is something that will soon affect those seeking to refinance. How will this affect you? Get the answers to all your questions here.
6 Legal Documentations that Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Have
Investing in real estate is becoming an increasingly popular way to earn passive income. While a great deal of attention is given to important things like investing and flipping houses, much less time is spent learning about core aspects of the behind-the-scenes business environment. One of the most under-appreciated areas for property owners is having an organized paperwork system.