Recommended Home Mortgage
Ready to buy your first home or refinance your home mortgage? Dat and Aaron are excited to partner with these recommended and trusted mortgage lenders!
For years physicians and dentists have had access to “physician home loans” or “doctor mortgages”, which allowed qualifying doctors to exclude student loan debts, purchase high value homes with less than twenty percent down, and require less than two years’ history for self-employed and independent contractors. But now, mortgage lenders can offer similar underwriting guidelines and underwriting flexibility for the typical optometrist and several other high income professional designations.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are paid sponsors of this website. These recommended resources are heavily vetted and researched by Dat and Aaron. We are extremely selective on who we want as sponsors because your trust in us is so vital for ODsonFinance to succeed. If you have feedback or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Doctor's Mortgage Loan & Refinance/ Purchase
We’re passionate about helping Optometrists succeed! You have unique situations that can often stump conventional mortgage lenders. Our specialized programs are designed to get you into the home of your dreams. We deliver solutions, transparency & quick responses to your questions.
Mortgage Programs for Optometrists
- 100% financing up to $750k
- 95% financing options up to $1.25M
- J1 visa financing now available
- Save thousands, no mortgage insurance!
- Qualify with deferred or IBR student loans
- Self-employed/1099 independent contractors can qualify with less than 2 years proven tax history
- Able to close up to 90 days prior to start of employment contract
Location Requirements: Eligible in all States
Contact: Josh Mettle at Josh.Mettle@neohomeloans.com for any questions
Tony Umholtz and his team at IBERIABANK Mortgage have helped many people achieve their goal of homeownership over the years. Whether you are a first-time homebuyer, refinancing or building your dream home, Tony has the expertise to help navigate you through this ever changing mortgage environment. In addition to traditional mortgage financing solutions, IBERIABANK Mortgage is pleased to offer specialty financing programs for clients with unique borrowing needs.
Having orchestrated over $1.1 billion in lending volume during his career, Tony has consistently been ranked as one of the top mortgage loan officers in the industry by the Scotsman's Guide, Mortgage Executive magazine and Mortgage Originator magazine.
Mortgage Program for Optometrists
- Up to 97% LTV available
- No PMI (mortgage insurance)
- Minimum credit score of 700
- Current maximum loan amount of $548,250
- Very strong interest rates available, for best credit if have seen as low as 2.75% for a 30 yr fixed this week (As of 2021)
Special 'Aggressive' Doctor loans available
- Only in select states, FL, GA, NC, SC, VA, TN, AL, AR, TX, LA, NY, NJ, CT
- 100% financing
- No PMI
- Loan amounts up to $2 million
- No reserve requirements
- Can close up to 90 days prior to your start date
- Very strong interest rates available
- 90% no PMI jumbo loan available to any client (do not have to have a specialty occupation)
- Construction/Renovation Loan
Location Requirements: Eligible in all States except for Alaska and Hawaii
Contact: Tony Umholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Mortage Broker (Purchase & Refinance)
LemonBrew is an end-to-end digital solution that connects home buyers and sellers to local real estate agents, finds users the perfect mortgage, and smoothly and seamlessly helps buyers close on their home. We're truly for everything real estate.
Lee is an optometrist and mortgage broker and will provide any ODs on Finance referral the VIP experience. As an O.D. himself he appreciates the economic implications of student loan debt and running a business. We are a team of wholesale mortgage brokers with access to many different lenders for a variety of scenarios and offer extremely competitive rates. We do not charge typical fees like Origination Fees, Application Fees, Underwriting Fees, or Lock-In Fees. In other words, No Lender Fees!
- No Lender, Application, or Underwriting Fees
- Completely Digital Process
- Trusted, Licensed Mortgage Advisors
- Wholesale Mortgage Broker
- Location Requirements
- Commission Rebate from LemonBrew Partner Agent
- Data-Driven Local Real Estate Agent Matching Technology
- State Licensed & Certified
- Saves You Thousands of $$$
- Location Requirements
- RON - Remote Online Notary
- LemonBrew Pay - Free Electronic Money Transfer Platform
- Team of Experienced Professionals to Ensure Property is Protected
- Streamlined Workflows Saving Time & Money
- Location Requirements
Email: Lee Raykovicz at email@example.com
Your trusted online mortgage broker to compare multiple mortgage lenders in just 3 minutes without affecting your credit score. Generate a pre-approval letter instantly.
- Fewer documents for fast closing.
- Unbiased loan experts when you need them.
- Choose with confidence: Know you have a great rate by comparing top lenders in the US.
- Complete your mortgage online with bank integrations and automatic updates. Talk to a loan officer only if you want to.
- Hassle-free process: Upload documents in the comfort of your home or during your commute.
- Our loan officers have over 30 years of experience working with homebuyers and are ready to meet all of your needs.
- Closing will be a breeze because we’re integrated with banks and other services to collect documents.
- Your information is safe with us so you won’t get unwanted calls from lenders
- Actual rates from multiple lenders: In 3 minutes, get actual prequalified rates without impacting your credit score
- Smart technology: We streamline the questions you need to answer and automate the document upload process.
- End-to-end experience: Complete the entire origination process from rate comparison up to closing, all on Credible.
- We take the stress out of refinancing by automating the document collection process, keeping you updated on the status of your application every step of the way.
- More loan options across multiple lenders with fewer forms to fill out than most individual lenders.
- Get actual rates and transparency into fees without sharing your information with lenders until you see an option you want to proceed with.
- Need help? Our dedicated mortgage support team is not commissioned, so they're always on your side.
4 Tips to Survive a Recession If You Own Rental Properties
A recession creates a lot of fear and uncertainty from consumers and investors alike. However, there are good reasons why a recession shouldn’t scare you if you have rental properties or are thinking about acquiring rental properties. During a recession, the housing market, not the rental industry, tends to get hit the most. This can…
COVID-19’s Impact on the Real Estate Investing, Mortgage Lending Requirements, & Perspective for the On-going Pandemic.
This week’s Live Q&A session, features top mortgage lender, Aaron Chapman and real estate investor Dr. Julie Phan. They address COVID-19’s impact on the real estate market, mortgage lending lending requirements, and offer their perspective on the on-going pandemic. Our Guests Aaron Chapman We are excited to welcome Aaron Chapman of Security National Mortgage to…
Is the 2020 Real Estate Market Like 2008?
Editor’s Note: This is a guest post written by one of our sponsorship partners. Josh Mettle NMLS #219996 is an industry leading author and ranked in the top 1% of mortgage originators in 2018 by Mortgage Executive Magazine. You can get more great real estate and mortgage advice here or by visiting his book’s website. Josh is also a…
The Federal Reserve Just Slashed Interest Rates to 0%, What Does This Mean for Me?
March 2020 is shaping to be one of the craziest months our country has experienced in quite a while. There is no doubt that these next few weeks will find their places in US History books that our children and grandchildren will study in the future. With widespread quarantine efforts by the government and CDC,…
5 Reasons Why You Might Want to Refinance Your Mortgage
Editor’s Note: This is a guest post written by one of our sponsorship partners. Aaron and Dat are extremely strict about guest requirements in that they must be educational and informative to our readers. Every guest post is vetted, read and upheld to the highest standards of ODsonFinance. Your trust is the most valuable factor to…
Helping my Friend with his First BRRRR: Part 3 Rehab Complete!
A rental property can be a great way to generate income, but when a property is outdated with green carpets and yellow walls, the chances of attracting higher rents or a quality tenant pool is much smaller. This brings us to the importance of the second phase of our BRRRR – The Completion of Rehab!…
How to Use a HELOC to Invest in Real Estate
Many investors choose to tap into the equity of their primary home to help finance some or all of their investment purchases. A HELOC (Home Equity Line Of Credit) is secured by the equity on your home. Many lenders will offer a HELOC of up to 90% of your home’s equity. Since a HELOC is…
How to Start Investing in Real Estate using Private Lending, with little or no money down?
Ever wonder how you can start investing with little or no money down? Here is how! We will discuss how you can invest in real estate using very little of your own money. Keep in mind that there is no such thing as “free” in real estate. Even though you may not be putting in…
Helping my Friend with his First BRRRR: Part 2 Rehab Underway!
Rehab Underway! It has been about four weeks since my friend John closed on his first out-of-state investment property. As a reminder, his strategy is the good ol’ BRRRR method (Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance and Repeat). So for our method to work, our all-in investment (cash) must be less than 75% of the ARV…