Investing has been one of the most discussed topics on ODs on Finance. With the current stock market showing heavy volatility, it is impervious to have a solid understanding of how investing works and how it can help you achieve financial freedom. Our CFP-partners are here today to answer questions on this very subject.
Adam Cmejla has helped individuals and practice owners make educated and informed personal and professional financial decisions. Being a 3rd generation business owner, the husband of an OD, and a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER, gives him a unique perspective that separates him and his firm from other advisory firms. He’s regularly published in optometry publications such as Review of Optometric Business and was named to Investopedia’s Top 100 Financial Advisors in 2019.
Natalie Hayes Schmook is the founder and owner of Hayes Wealth Advisors LLC, a financial planning and investment management service for employed optometrists, practice owners and their families. Natalie started her career in the Private Wealth Management division of SunTrust Bank in 2006 and earned her Certified Financial Planner™ designation in 2009. Natalie graduated with Honors from Rollins College in Winter Park, FL and also received her Masters of Business Administration there.
- Some financial pundits talk about how Index funds are a ticking time bomb because there is a massive amount of money poured into? What is your opinion on this?
- Why do you think the stock market (particular tech stocks) are so high despite the economical hardship of people? Is it because bonds are so low that equities are the only place to be in?
- Vanguard just released a new study that shows that moving forward returns for both stocks and bonds will be significantly lower and the 4% rule isn't valid anymore, so some FA are advising in retirement instead of a 60% Stock/40% Bonds, they are advocating for more aggressive stock allocations?
- Can a new OD graduating in their late 20s have a 100% stock index portfolio? Is not being risky enough a risk on its own?
- Are you guys doing any type of "tilting" of portfolios for your members? Such as toward growth, certain sectors (like tech) or even value small cap (even though this is the worst performer over the past decade)?
- What do you think about the hype when it comes to gold? Even the great Buffet and Dalio think gold is a good investment!
- How do you REALLY feel about individual stocks?
- How does real estate investing fall into your client’s portfolios?
- What is your go-to strategy for client’s that want a healthy, hands-off retirement portfolio?
- Without obviously discussing amounts of money, how do your personal portfolios look like in terms of asset allocation? If different from your clients, why?
We hope you enjoy this panel discussion! Click below to listen/watch!